About Me

My photo

Transplanted to Miami, FL, from Iowa City, IA. Trying to find a balance between reading, knitting, playing mom taxi, and enjoying the sun and sand in Miami.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Troublemaker the Graphic Novel

Troublemaker by Janet Evanovich and Alex Evanovich. 
Troublemaker is the first graphic novel by Janet Evanovich and her daughter Alex. It continues the adventures of Alex Barnaby aka “Barney” and Sam Hooker, and their dog Beans. Their first adventures were in the books Motor Mouth and Metro Girl. 
Troublemaker finds their friend Rosa missing after a trip to the Florida Keys. Barney and Hooker try to track her down to make sure she’s ok. This adventure takes them into the world of Voodoo, and this first part of the adventure takes them on a high speed boat chase through the Everglades. 
I really liked the graphic novel format for this one. The art is by Joelle Jones, and I really like the look of the characters. I think the format fits well with this adventure. I know graphic novels are becoming really popular, the Anita Blake ones by Laurell K Hamilton are out there, and I know that Diana Gabaldon has one on the way. I think it’s a fun way to get to see our favorite characters. I like that many of the current projects are new stories and not just a graphic novelization of previous works. 
If you’ve been a fan of the Barnaby and Hooker novels, or just like Janet Evanovich’s work in general