About Me

My photo

Transplanted to Miami, FL, from Iowa City, IA. Trying to find a balance between reading, knitting, playing mom taxi, and enjoying the sun and sand in Miami.

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

What Books I’m looking forward to in the New Year.

Several of my favorite authors and series will be coming out with new books in the next few months. I really wish there was an easy way to get a completely personalized list of author’s upcoming books. Amazon’s coming soon recommendations are ok, but not exactly what I’m looking for. Anyway, I digress. 
I am currently re-reading Victoria Laurie’s M.J. Holliday series. I just finished the first book, What's a Ghoul to Do? The newest book in the series, Ghouls Ghouls Ghouls comes out in early January 2011. It used to be pretty rare for me to re-read a book, but now that I have so many different series I follow, it’s basically necessary to remind myself of details. 
Other series I will probably be re-reading in the next month or two include the Tempest series by Nicole Peeler, her new book Tempest’s Legacy comes out in early January 2011. Madelyn Alt also has a new book in her Bewitching Mystery series coming in January, Home for a Spell. I have already mentioned Shadowfever I think by Karen Marie Moning. I absolutely can’t wait for that one!
That covers January as far as I can tell. 
In February, Angels Verdict by Mary Stanton; This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost; and Pale Demon by Kim Harrison. The Frost book is part of the core Night Huntress series with Cat and Bones. Kim Harrison is amazing and I can’t wait for the latest adventures of Rachael, Ivy and Jinks. 
In April, Night of the Living Dandelion by Kate Collins; and A Hard Day’s FrightA Hard Day's Fright (A Pepper Martin Mystery) by Casey Daniels. Both of those series are well underway and I am looking forward to the next installments. I can’t forget Ghost Story by Jim Butcher. I think I am looking as forward to this as I am to the next Sookie. Speaking of Sookie Stackhouse....
In May, Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris is coming. Charlaine Harris is what really started me down this path of voracious reading. I had been sporadic before I read the first Sookie Stackhouse book. The only author I really followed was Diana Gabaldon. Now my list is long, most of the authors are in the mystery or urban fantasy genres.