About Me

My photo

Transplanted to Miami, FL, from Iowa City, IA. Trying to find a balance between reading, knitting, playing mom taxi, and enjoying the sun and sand in Miami.

Monday, March 07, 2011

Bite me: A Love Story by Christopher Moore

Bite Me is the continuing story of vampires Jody and Tommy. This story picks up where You Suck left off.  Our undead heroes were last seen bronzed in the pose of Rodin's The Kiss.  Abby Normal and her boyfriend/mad scientist Foo are living on stolen money in Jody and Tommy's apartment. 
There are several reasons that I love Moore's vampire trilogy. First, the voices the story are told in are fabulous. The writing is generally fast paced and funny. The language is blunt and I suppose may be mildly offensive. I also love the vampire mythology in this series.  The vampires drink blood, get killed by daylight, and are dead during the day. They can also turn to mist and heal super fast. Lastly, the characters are so fun. Do I really need to say more than Chet, the huge shaved vampire cat?
This book is a nice wrap up to the trilogy, it left characters in a good place, but not necessarily the predictable place. This vampire series has definitely made me anxious to read some of Moore's other, non-vampire books. If you're curious, the first book in this series is Bloodsucking Fiends.
I'm going to give Bite Me by Christopher Moore, 2 bookmarks.