About Me

My photo

Transplanted to Miami, FL, from Iowa City, IA. Trying to find a balance between reading, knitting, playing mom taxi, and enjoying the sun and sand in Miami.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Which book would you visit?

If you could visit any book as a tourist, like in The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde, which book would you visit? As a side note, are there any real life trips you would like to take that are inspired by a book you read? 
As far as visiting an actual book, I think Charlaine Harris’ Sookie Stackhouse series would be high on my list. Also Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series. I would love to meet the characters from both series. I also wouldn’t mind visiting one of Jane Austen’s stories. I would like to visit a Steampunk universe as well, like Gail Carriger’s Soulless series, or Katie MacAlister’s Steamed. I really like the steampunk vibe. 
For real life trips I would like to take that are inspired by books, a visit to Prince Edward Island is high on my list. Ever since I read and saw the mini series for Anne of Green Gables, it is a place I would love to see. Also, a trip to the Scottish Highlands, inspired by the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I am amazed that she wrote at least the first book in that series without ever having visited Scotland herself. 
I think a trip like Elizabeth Gilbert took in Eat, Pray, Love would be amazing. I don’t know if I’m brave enough to take on a trip where I just live in a country that is so different from my own. The idea of it appeals to me though. 
What about you? Which book would you visit? What real life locations do you want to visit?