About Me

My photo

Transplanted to Miami, FL, from Iowa City, IA. Trying to find a balance between reading, knitting, playing mom taxi, and enjoying the sun and sand in Miami.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

I think it is a good indicator of how good I think this series is that I finished book two late last night and am chomping at the bit to start book three. Catching Fire is the second book in the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. This time we follow Katniss as she returns home and has to deal with the fallout, both good and bad (really downright scary) of The Hunger Games. 
I really hate to give spoilers, so I’m not going to say much about the plot here. I will say that I love Katniss as a character. She’s flawed, and she feels real. She has amazing determination, but she is realistic as a teenager. She’s not a hero, she’s just a girl who has done everything to try to just survive and take care of her family, but she’s gotten pulled into the center of something bigger than herself. Bigger really, than she can even comprehend. 
I absolutely couldn’t put this book down, and it made me cry. I’ve gotten so invested in this character and really bought into her life. I’m not the type to cry at commercials and whatnot, I have to be really invested in the characters and the story for it to push me that far. I can’t wait to get this posted so I can start book 3!
I am going to give Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, 1 bookmark.