About Me

My photo

Transplanted to Miami, FL, from Iowa City, IA. Trying to find a balance between reading, knitting, playing mom taxi, and enjoying the sun and sand in Miami.

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Hooray for Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris!

I just finished my first read of Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris. I am going to try to avoid big spoilers, but if you don’t want to know anything about the book until you read it for yourself, you might want to skip this post. 
I loved Dead Reckoning! Much like Dead in the Family, I felt like if I had written a checklist of what I would like to see in the latest Sookie Stackhouse adventure, it would have been pretty much completely checked. Of course, there was also plenty in this book that I couldn’t have predicted. I love that about Ms. Harris’ writing. 
Dead Reckoning has a lot of action. I think my favorite thing about the Sookie series is how Sookie grows and changes as a person, and how she sometimes agonizes over those changes. A lot of loose ends ends get tied up in this installment, but of course, since there are at least two more books in the series, there are still problems to solve. 
I am a huge fan of the Sookie series, and a huge fan of True Blood on HBO as well. Season 3 of True Blood comes out on DVD a the end of this month, and the new season starts June 26th on HBO. 
I don’t think it’s a surprise that I’m going to give Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris, 
1 bookmark.  I bought the book at 9 this morning when Barnes and Noble opened, and was finished by 5 PM, I think it’s safe to say I could hardly put it down!