About Me

My photo

Transplanted to Miami, FL, from Iowa City, IA. Trying to find a balance between reading, knitting, playing mom taxi, and enjoying the sun and sand in Miami.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

I think we're creating a monster

Our seven year old son was finally convinced to try steak for the first time this past week. Now, whenever we ask what he wants for dinner, he says, "steak!" We've been trying to explain that steak isn't something you can eat every day, but it is nice for him to eat some real food.

Besides having a newfound love of steak, he is also addicted to Doctor Who. We are currently watching season five of the current series. The one with Matt Smith as the Doctor. My husband and I had watched the first season when it premiered on Sy-fy channel, but when they changed the Doctor to David Tennant at the end of that season, I was grumpy and we stopped watching. Of course, after watching all the David Tennant episodes, he really kind of grew on me.

For Mother's Day, my boys both drew pictures of daleks and Doctor Who.