About Me

My photo

Transplanted to Miami, FL, from Iowa City, IA. Trying to find a balance between reading, knitting, playing mom taxi, and enjoying the sun and sand in Miami.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

I am still fairly new to the world of the faeries. I really enjoyed The Iron King by Julie Kagawa. Meghan Chase is the daughter of the mythical king of the faeries. She is turning 16, and instead of going to get her learner’s permit for her birthday, she is fighting off creatures she thought were just fairy tales trying to save her young brother. 
Meghan is accompanied on her journey by her friend Puck (yes, that Puck), Grim the cat, and a faerie prince from the winter court, Ash. Whether Meghan can actually trust any of them, is another story. 
This is a young adult title, well, a teen title. It has some mild adult language, adult themes, and mild romantic heat. I thought the book moved at a nice pace and the characters were likable and were well-developed. 
I would recommend this book for fans of the paranormal and urban fantasy genre. There are two more books in the Iron Fey series out now. I will be reading the next one in the series for sure. 
I’m going to give The Iron King by Julie Kagawa, 2 bookmarks