About Me

My photo

Transplanted to Miami, FL, from Iowa City, IA. Trying to find a balance between reading, knitting, playing mom taxi, and enjoying the sun and sand in Miami.

Monday, May 16, 2011

My Booky Wook by Russell Brand

I have to say that I like Russell Brand, I think he’s very funny. I had been wanting to read My Booky Wook for awhile. I don’t have personal experience with addiction, but Brand’s account seemed very honest. He didn’t go to the extreme of all drugs are bad. He really conveys that addiction is a day at a time recovery. At times he seemed nostalgic for the feeling that he would get on heroine. 
Brand’s story is definitely good material for a memoir. Reading his accounts of his time at school, and being thrown out of various schools, made me feel for his mum. I can only imagine how hard it would be to have a boy that difficult. of course, this book might not be as fun to read if Brand’s personal life wasn’t turning out so well. He got some good people behind him who helped him not become another tragic young hollywood death. 
I would recommend My Booky Wook, if you’re a fan of Russell Brand, or some insight into addiction and recovery. 
I’m going to give My Booky Wook by Russell Brand, 2 bookmarks.