About Me

My photo

Transplanted to Miami, FL, from Iowa City, IA. Trying to find a balance between reading, knitting, playing mom taxi, and enjoying the sun and sand in Miami.

Sunday, May 08, 2011

The Unbearable Lightness of Dragons by Katie MacAlister

I am a huge fan of Katie MacAlister’s dragon series. Serieses? I normally am a huge fan of vampire books, but when it comes to Katie Mac, her dragon books are my favorite. For anyone who hasn’t read one of the dragon paranormal romance books, and Katie’s aren’t the only ones out there, the dragons spend most of their time in man form. They can shift to dragon form when called for. The first book featuring the dragons is You Slay Me, and it deals with the green dragons and the main character is Aisling Grey, who is a Guardian. There are four Aisling Grey books, then the series shifts to the Silver Dragons with Playing with Fire and May as the main character. The Unbearable Lightness of Dragons is the second book in the Light Dragons portion of the series and features Ysolde and her mate, Baltic. 
Katie writes some of the best alpha male characters I have ever read. She is also great at writing the women they love, who love to drive them crazy. Her love scenes pack some serious heat. While there is a kind of formula to the characters, they are different enough, and engaging enough that I don’t get tired of them. 
Unbearable Lightness  is the Empire Strikes Back of this series. I felt like I stumbled on the middle of the story, and not a whole lot got resolved by the end. But, like Empire Strikes Back, I definitely enjoyed the ride. I probably should have done some re-reading before I dove into this one, but I was excited to get to it. 
I love Ysolde, she is has a great balance of stubborn and practical. As for Baltic, holy cow! or maybe holy dragon! Maybe one of my favorite male characters ever. I will definitely be there when the next dragon novel comes out.
I’m going to give The Unbearable Lightness of Dragons: A Novel of the Light Dragons by Katie MacAlister, 1 bookmark.


Check out the Katie MacAlister page on my Amazon astore! I have read all of the books listed there, and I loved them all, there are some great summer beach reads there.