About Me

My photo

Transplanted to Miami, FL, from Iowa City, IA. Trying to find a balance between reading, knitting, playing mom taxi, and enjoying the sun and sand in Miami.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

In A Witch's Wardrobe by Juliet Blackwell

Before I launch into my short review of In A Witch's Wardrobe, I just wanted to mention the recent interview that WIRED magazine did with Ursula K. Le Guin. It was a really nice interview and it was interesting to read since I just finished my first book of Le Guin's, A Wizard of Earthsea.


Ok, on to In A Witch's Wardrobe by Juliet Blackwell.This is the fourth book in the Witchcraft Mystery series. Lily gets a nice night out on the town, at a 1920s and 30s themed gala. At least it starts out nice, until a young single mother winds up in a coma, and Lily thinks she spies a curse mixed in with the woman's corsage.

Lily is running around the Bay Area meeting other practitioners and trying to save the young mother, Miriam. The usual suspects are around to help, or hinder Lily's progress.

I love reading about the vintage clothing and the San Francisco bay area. This book finished with a nice set up for the next book, and I can't wait!

I'm going to give In A Witch's Wardrobe by Juliet Blackwell, 4 Stars.

Don't forget to check out the Ursula K. Le Guin interview.