About Me

My photo

Transplanted to Miami, FL, from Iowa City, IA. Trying to find a balance between reading, knitting, playing mom taxi, and enjoying the sun and sand in Miami.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sacre Bleu by Christopher Moore

I love Christopher Moore. I had read all of his vampire books. I enjoy his humor and his irreverent take on his subject. Sacre Bleu is no exception.

The book starts with the death of Vincent Van Gogh, and proceeds to introduce us to many painters from the impressionist school in Paris in the late 1800s. My favorite things about this book were how Moore weaves reality with his fictional twist in a way that makes sense, and the paintings included in the book.

When I flipped though this at the book store, I realized this one was definitely better read as a paper book, or at least with some kind of a color e-reader. I chose the hard back. I believe it is now out in paperback.

I don't want to give away much of the plot, it does start a little bit slow, but the payoff is worth hanging in there. I can't wait to read more of Christopher Moore's books!

I'm going to give Sacre Bleu by Christopher Moore, 4 stars.


Next up: Reviews of the Vaginal Fantasy reads for October, Master of Crows and Poison Study.
Also, Supernatural Born Killers by Casey Daniels, the latest in the Pepper Martin series.