About Me

My photo

Transplanted to Miami, FL, from Iowa City, IA. Trying to find a balance between reading, knitting, playing mom taxi, and enjoying the sun and sand in Miami.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Supernatural Born Killers by Casey Daniels

Supernatural Born Killers is the latest entry in the Pepper Martin mystery series. Pepper is a tour guide at a large Cleveland, OH, cemetery. After a fall that included a big bump on the head, Pepper discovered she could see and speak to ghosts. Pepper has spent her book series solving mysteries and taking up ghosts unfinished business. It frequently puts her in harms way, much to the exasperation of her on-again-off-again police detective boyfriend.

Anyway, the books are funny, fast moving, and Pepper has matured a lot as a person since the first book. She still loves expensive shoes and clothes, but she is definitely more grown up than when the series started.

The main mystery in this book didn't seem all that mysterious to me, but it was a fun ride and a lot of stuff in Pepper's personal life got stirred up. I think overall that when the dust settles from this one, most of the changes will be good for Pepper.

I believe Ms. Daniels has plans to write more Pepper Martin books, but if not, this one definitely left at a point that you could infer an ending, or at least how Pepper's life would go on after this story.

I really like this series, and I think it is well worth the read if you like paranormal mysteries. This one has adventure, a little romance, and ghosts without being scary.

I think my favorite part of this book was Pepper's acquiring a "staff" to go along with her promotion at the cemetery.

I'm going to give Supernatural Born Killers by Casey Daniels, 4 stars.
It wasn't my favorite in the series, but it was a fun read.