About Me

My photo

Transplanted to Miami, FL, from Iowa City, IA. Trying to find a balance between reading, knitting, playing mom taxi, and enjoying the sun and sand in Miami.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Road Trip!

We took a road trip, hence the no blogging for a couple weeks. We drove from Iowa City to San Francisco, in the Prius, with the kids. Luckily the kids are nine and twelve and iPhones and iPads go a long way to keeping them entertained.

We spent two nights and one full day in Salt Lake to visit my Grandma. The kids also got to try out a trampoline park The Wairhouse in SLC. The kids had a lot of fun, but an hour was enough for them. We also did a short stop at the Tracy Aviary at Liberty Park in SLC. It was great to see my Grandma, just before her 87th birthday.



We drove across the Salt Flats



We finally made it to the Golden Gate!





We checked out Pier 39

We also went to Monterey Bay Aquarium






We saw Dreamworks





There was a photo booth at our friend's wedding





Did I mention the wedding was in Napa?!



There is a castle winery there. Castello di Amorosa. It was a fun tour, and they had some good wine.



After arriving back in San Francisco, we went to the Giants baseball game. Xander had a really good time.









On the way home, we stopped for the Jelly Belly Factory Tour, in Fairfield, CA.







We put 4700 miles or so on the Prius.




I worked on hexipuffs for my Bee Keepers Quilt on the road.





I didn't get a lot of reading done, so book reviews will come as soon as I catch up on some reading!

I hope everyone else is having a great summer too!